Skhumba has taken it upon himself to lend a helping hand wherever he can, through his career and star profile.
The comedian and actor recently announced that he’ll be hosting an annual comedy show, from this year, which aims to raise a laugh in aid of communities which are in need of help.
Taking to Instagram, Skhumba revealed that this year, his show is dedicated to collecting and buying new wheelchairs for those in need.
“Already collected three wheelchairs for my Wheel Chair Comedy Show that I’ll be hosting in July,” he wrote, on a picture of himself and an officer, who just donated a wheelchair to the initiative.
“All the money made that weekend will go into buying wheelchairs,” he added.
He goes on to thank all those that have contributed to the cause, before revealing that the final dates for the comedy show will be confirmed this week.
An alcohol brand heard about this and jumped on board to double the amount and purchase one hundred wheelchairs, bringing the total to one hundred and fifty. 30 wheelchairs will be handed over by Skhumba to each of below beneficiary homes during the month of August between 11h00 and 13h00:
• 5 August 2016 QuadPara Association of South Africa Gauteng North 10 Bloem Street, Pretoria Central
• 12 August 2016 Alexandra Disability Movement 161, 9th Road, Kew, Johannesburg
• 19 August 2016 Tokologo Self Help Centre 3 Melkplum Street, Protea Glen, 1818
• 26 August 2016 Nyakallong Home For Physically And Mentally Retarded 129 Zone 3 Gauteng, Sebokeng South Africa
• 31 August 2016 Ithembelihle LSEN School Elm Rd, Johannesburg, 1401